The unprecedented coronavirus outbreak has not only put a halt and damper on many of our plans but also engenders health anxieties to many people around the world. While the coronavirus infects no particular age group, according to the World Health Organization (WHO), elder adults and those with underlying medical conditions are found to be the most vulnerable. With this matter, there is an apparent need for strengthened and all-encompassing care and support for these groups of people. Harmony Care LLC a Home Care in St. Louis, Missouri, addresses such need by providing an opportunity for elder adults to thrive at the comforts of their own home.
It is, therefore, essential for elder people to be more heedful of their health situation and follow proper health measures. Here is some valuable advice that is worth to adhere amid the pandemic:
- Regularly wash hands and practice personal hygiene. in-home care services in Missouri are beneficial for the elderly requiring assistance.
- Disinfect surfaces at home, especially those areas that people touch often.
- Properly plan for medication and food supplies.
- When having visitors, exchange greeting from a distance either through a nod, wave, or bow.
- Wear a mask when going out. However, it is best to avoid going out without a necessary errand.
- Seek help from a healthcare provider when needed. Our consumer directed services allows elder adults to hire their chosen caregiver who can assist them with day-to-day activities, especially in the area of personal care.
- Stay up to date on the current situation using information from reliable sources.
Don’t hesitate to contact us to learn more about how we can best help you or your elder loved one.